Thursday 20 June 2013

I'm dreaming of a vbac Christmas

So I obviously didn't start this blog just to write about what's happened already ;-P 
 
I'm currently 13 weeks 1 day pregnant (according to my most recent ultrasound), and expecting our second child in late December/early January - EDD 25 December! What a wonderful Christmas present!
 
It has amazed me just how different this pregnancy has been to my previous one - much more manageable nausea, but it has carried on for much longer (last time I was incapacitated, sitting on the couch trying to keep my insides in one piece but for only 3 weeks, this time its not often worse than uncomfortable but has been around for almost 7 weeks so far with no sign of letting up yet), only one food aversion but many more cravings.
 
And I'm just so much more relaxed this time around. I was so terrified last time that I would miscarry, whereas now I realise that there is nothing I can do to prevent it if its going to happen and although I would be devastated, we would get through it. I'm not reading up on everything that can possibly go wrong. I feel like I'm enjoying it so much more this time! Its so amazing to look at Sophie and know that we have all of that joy and love to look forward to, all over again!
 
This Saturday I go for my first trimester scan. I will be 13 weeks 3 days, and we will let our extended family know and announce on facebook after that. I am a bit nervous - those ultrasounds are always a bit scary, just in case something has gone wrong. But I just cannot wait to see my little bean again!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment